Monday, September 2, 2013

My Family... Past, Present and Future

My Family Past, Present and Future
September 3, 2013

I haven’t mentioned in my writings, at this point, my favorite topic which is my family. When I speak of my family, I feel that I’m treading on sacred ground. Hopefully, as I treat this subject, you will forgive me if I tend to expose some of the feelings of my heart. I honor and respect all of my family members who have been such a part of my entire life.
I remember my grandparents well. I, being the first born grandson on both sides of my family, was able to have the opportunity to experience their love. I learned the importance of values, faith, and honor from their examples. I lived in harmony with their children…my aunts and uncles. Knowing them and their standards have helped me to want to be like them. My hope is that I bring no shame to them. They are my stalwart examples and my foundation.

My parents came from those families and incorporated their great strength into our family. I was raised with 3 brothers and 6 sisters. We were blessed with the attention of these two good people. I was planted in fertile soil. It has been my responsibility to grow tall and straight. Sometimes I did okay and other times I fell short, but I always had the support of this great family.
My extended family has been the community that I grew up in. I’ve eaten at their tables and slept in their beds. I’ve been served by this community and hopefully I’ve served them as well. As I have lived among them, I have felt as close to them as my own brothers and sisters.
Then came the crowning experience of my life. God must love me. I’m sure He had a hand in getting me in the right place at the right time to meet my special wife. She has been the frosting on my cake. I love and respect her to no end. She has been my supporter and my companion for 50 years….Thanks God! Together we have raised 8 children, 3 sons and 5 daughters. My dear wife has left her valuable imprint on each of them. I am a blessed man.

I’ve had the opportunity to travel far and to work with many people. I cherish the relationships I have made. My new experience of meeting friends in the social media are bringing me a great deal of joy. I like hearing the stories of your lives. It seems we have each come from different walks of life. Some haven’t had the kind of support that I have had. I think we have one thing for sure in common…we have need for one another. We respect one another and in that, we can be friends. Call on me…if I can be of help, I’ll be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment