Thursday, August 22, 2013

Being Neighborly Wherever You Are

Being Neighborly Wherever You Are
August 22, 2013

Yesterday my neighbor stopped by. The first thing out of his mouth was, “Where is your baler?” He, being such a good neighbor, had noticed that my hay had been cut and should have been baled already.

I explained that my baler was broken down and I was waiting for a  replacement part. He replied, “You know I have a baler and I would be glad to come and bale your hay for you”. There was no doubt.. I knew he would…he is that kind of man.
My life is filled with good, kind, people. It doesn’t get any better than this. I think back through my life. I have had an abundance of friends and family around me who are the spice of my life. Life would be hard without them.
I remember a sultry hot day in Midvale Idaho. My crew and I were installing telephone cable in that community. The heat was almost unbearable. A station wagon laden with small children stopped by.
A young mother stepped out of the automobile and motioned for us to come to her. She said, ” I noticed you men working in this heat and felt so sorry for you.
I have a cooler filled with popsicles and I’d like to share with you.” Isn’t it so great that there are such wonderful, thoughtful, people in the world. Everywhere I’ve traveled, I’ve met good people.

I feel that we should be looking for the opportunity to help someone in need. A good man once said, “When you are in the service of your fellow men, you are in the service of you God.” I truly believe that.
Until tomorrow, keep a lookout for someone you can lift and bring joy to their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment