Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Never, Never, Never Give Up

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Give Up (Churchill)
August 13, 2013

I can feel that it is going to be a great day! I’m excited for the future and that is always a good way to start a new day. It’s interesting how attitude is such a deal maker…or breaker…whatever the case may be.
When I was a young boy, my father spent a lot of his time teaching me how to ride a horse. He taught me that the first rule to riding a horse is, if you fall off, you need to get back on.
Now!  not later… while it still hurts and while the horse is convinced that he has won the battle. A decision to get back on immediately has two positive outcomes.
First, you let the horse think, “Hey, it doesn’t do any good for me to buck. It just wasted my energy! I know he’s gonna get back on. I might as well carry my load and be a good horse!”
Second, by getting back on, you have faced your fear and you become the winner!  Mark Twain once said, “Do the things you fear the most, and death of fear is certain.”

What a valuable lesson this has been to me in my life’s work. We all have our ups and downs. It’s important and empowering to keep getting back up. This is my thought of the day.
HELLO WORLD!!  Let’s go see who we can help today!

Taylor Thayne

No comments:

Post a Comment