Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Four Seasons Can Be Wonderful

The Four Seasons Can Be Wonderful
 December 10, 2013

Today as I look out my window at the winter wonderland that covers the landscape, I wonder if I’m up to managing six more months of cold weather. I think I’ve become accustomed to the lovely Indian summer that we have had.
After a few moments, reality came back to my mind. My circumstance is not the same as years gone by. I’m no longer forced to tackle the cold winter days that I once was required in order to bring home a paycheck each week. This is the first winter in fifty-four years that I can decide whether to stay inside or venture outside.

Freedom is amazing and I have been so busy that I almost forgot to enjoy it. I suppose that maybe I haven’t worried about freedom from the winter cold that much.
My new life’s work has totally engaged my mind and body in a good way. I am so excited about my new venture. My passion is taking advantage of my life’s experiences and putting them to work helping others reach their unbelievable freedoms.
I feel that there has never been a time when there is such a need for parents to spend quality time with their children. My need is to give back to the community and help lift others as I have been lifted. Even if this is my lofty goal, I find myself surrounded again with mentors coaching, inspiring, and teaching me. Hopefully I can find a passion that I might be an extension to their arms, reaching out to someone and assisting them aboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment