Monday, December 2, 2013

Values are Essential to a Happy Life

Values are Essential to a Happy Life
December 2, 2013

I have great admiration for anyone who have decided early in life to make values and standards an element of their life’s work. I like a man who stands for something.

A great man in my life stated, “If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.” These special qualities do not happen by accident in one’s development. It requires a lot of attention to detail. If you are to attain these qualities, you must take command of your life. It’s best to make up your mind early to establish good habits.

It’s the little things that creep in and attach themselves to our daily activities that become burdensome. Just as a huge magnificent ship over a period of time gathers small insignificant barnacles, who attach themselves to the hull of a ship, they are so small that they go unnoticed. But over a period of time, their assault becomes cumbersome. Transforming the slick smooth sides of the hull into a rough heavy mass, slowing the ships ability to slide through the ocean waves.

Honesty, integrity and a love of fellow man are great qualities sought after by great men. These qualities take daily diligence to acquire. You can’t mix an occasional infidelity in for fun. Be wise my friends, embrace all that is good and shun all that is bad as if it were the plague. Shine and polish your hulls. Grind and cast out every spot of rust and decay. Paint and polish every day. Your act and your deed will become magnificent sepulcher for all to see as well as well as a vessel that can be counted on to lift and encourage anyone who may need a role model to follow.

I have had the good fortune of having great men and women in my life. I know from experience the sadness that one feels when we fall short of doing our very best. It’s a struggle every day to be on top of your personal goals, however good things happen to everyone who reaches down deep and takes control of their lives. When you take this personal action you lift everyone around you. I find comfort and security when I surround myself with good men and women.

My hope is that you do as well. 


I hope your holiday season brings you all the good things life has to offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment