Friday, February 14, 2014

A Man Without Guile

A Man Without Guile
February 14, 2014

All men have both good and bad in them. There is bad in the best of us and there is good in the worst of us. The blessing is to find the good in everyone you meet and like them for who they are. I cherish the relationship of friends that have become such a part of me and I hold them in great regard.
One particular friend, I refer to him as the man without guile. As far as I know, he has no enemies. Looking through my eyes, his life mission is to be a servant to everyone. His motto seems to be, “what- ever I have, I will share.”
Several years back my company had been contracted to build an irrigation pipeline to carry water to the farms down the valley. The pipeline originated on my friend’s property. I arrived on the project to find that a pond was to be excavated on the top end of the pipeline. The stakes indicated the perimeter of the pond made it necessary to destroy a beautiful hay field.
I become concerned for the loss that my friend would experience. I asked, “ how can you let them destroy your hay field”?  I pointed out that the pipeline would be of no value to him. In his kind manner he explained to me that sometimes we need to share our resources for the benefit of our neighbors. My past experiences had taught me that you don’t leave as much as a track on some one’s property. Here was a man consenting to let his neighbors dig a big open hole in his hay field and digging a pipeline across it.
He taught me a valuable lesson on charity and living the golden rule. Do unto other as you would have others do unto you. Gary Nelson become my hero that day. We don’t see one another often, but when we do, we don’t spend any time getting reacquainted. He’s my man without guile, no deception, no fraud, or guile. Always candid, honest, direct and straightforwardness. Thanks my man!!
Just think if all the world had his attitude, what a great world it would be. However there is a lot of good going on and we have the opportunity to help spread it by treating every one we meet with respect by being ready to give someone a hand up and being their friend.
I can tell a story about all of my friends and maybe if I live long enough I will. For you that I may not finish with, know that I love you and I’ll tell your story in person on the other side.
Love You.
Taylor
PS I’m enjoying new exciting friendships. I would like to get to know you. Writing these stories of some of my favorite memories and at the same time I’m creating new memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment