Friday, February 21, 2014

The Progression of Becoming a Leader

The Progression of Becoming a Leader
February 21, 2014

The past month since the event in Miami has been transformational to my life. I look back over the past four months and I can recognize that in many ways, I’m a different person. Even though I’ve always been determined to stay active physically and mentally, and I’ve worked hard at it, I feel that I could have done much better.
 About six months ago, my daughter called me and invited me to log into a daily mastermind session. I always thought of myself as being a big thinker and interested in positioning myself above the fray, not being satisfied with the status quo. I couldn’t see that I should spend that much time required, (1 hour) each day. After much persuasion, I consented to listen a time or two. The first morning my focus was on the overboard enthusiasm, just about more than I could handle, a total indication and sign of the negative mind that I possessed. After forced endurance for a couple weeks, my resistance began to melt away.
This morning my new outlook and mindset have changed my entire attitude. Every moment I live is a gift and I seek more and more knowledge. My attitude has shifted from can’t do to can do I feel a new found freedom that I haven’t experienced for a long time.
Through the magic of email, my mentor stepped to my side and offered his assistance in helping me obtain my financial goals. He is such an example of a great caring leader. His selfless interest in my success has inspired me to reach down and help someone with their struggles.
Later on my attention was summoned by my pre-set alarm, letting me know that the time had arrived to check in on my mindset call. The topic of the day was to become a leader and to help others to become leaders in their circle of influence.
Still later, my reading material for the day just happened to be, “how to think like a leader”. Good positive structure is being implemented into my things to do list, and I’m experiencing progression that I couldn’t imagine happening this late in my life. I’m happy with the new horizons that I’m seeing, and the good reasons for getting up early each morning.
I’m sure my horse must have had thoughts that the summer of 2013 would be the last summer that he would have to carry me over the countryside. He is now getting a somewhat nervous look on his face as he sees the youth being revived in my old body. I guess I’ll have to give him an extra bucket of oats to make him feel better about things.
I hope you are experiencing renewed energy in your life as well.
Love,
Taylor Thayne


No comments:

Post a Comment