Friday, January 31, 2014

Excuses

Excuses are an empty bucket that hold no water
January 31, 2014

I recently attended an event and was very much effected by the great attitude of this large group of people. Everyone had a smile on their face and enthusiasm radiated from their beings.
I found myself getting caught up in the mood and being energized by the crowd. I’m thinking, what a great place to be. My self respect soured as I realized that I could have been home looking at my four walls, having little or nothing going on in my life. Instead I was here among this mass of happy people enjoying one another company.

In times past I have found myself making excuses to stay at home. I have used excuses such as, it’s going to cost too much, I don’t have time or the neighbor won’t lend me his lawn mower. It doesn’t matter what I use for an excuse. I’m sure you have heard it stated, that an excuse is only good for those who make them.
At the event I met people who had traveled from around the world. In attendance were blind people, some were in wheel chairs. I would have felt ridiculous if I had used one of my excuses.
I’m not saying that there are not reasons that keep us from doing everything that we would like to do.
There are defiantly obstacles that can’t be over looked.
My reason for writing this is to keep me in check. I have made commitments that I need to honor. I have set time estaminets on achieving my goals. I have set in place certain actions that I must take in order to reach those mile posts and in order to arrive at the intended mile post, my pace has to be consistent. I must never give in to excuses.
I look back at that great event and feel that my ability to succeed have been enhanced in ways that were unimaginable before. I have gained a firm knowledge that the guy who made the decision to purchase the tickets, get on eight jet planes to make the trip, spend a large sum of cash was someone I could count on. I’m happy with my decision and found the trip was well worth it.
My wish to you is that you reach your dreams and that we can someday meet together in the setting
that I have just described.
Love you.
Taylor Thayne


No comments:

Post a Comment